You have two case studies read and write answer the following questions:
Racing Victoria Limited 1
1. Access the RVL website at www.racingvictioria.net.au and read about the history of racing in Victoria. Why do you think racing in Victoria is now governed by an independent company?
2 How is the strategy for RVL toward 2020 aligned to its organizational structure?
3 What are the barriers or constraints that might limit the effectiveness of the structure adopted by RVL?
4 What are some of the economic and market forces that RVL needs to be mindful of in order to ensure its structure meets its needs?
5 Do you think the RVL would be able to quickly modify its organizational structure? Why or why not?
Managing student athletes in the NCAA 2
1. The case refers to the operations of the NCAA as involving human resource management, but that its operations are special. What are some of the NCAA activities that make it a special human resource management business compared to a standard business, such as a sales or marketing company?
2. Which phases of the human resource management process does the NCAA focus its operations and activities on? Why might this be the case?
3. Beyond the fact that student athletes do not get paid, how does the human resource management of a college or university sport program (sometimes referred to as an athletic program or athletic department) differ from a professional sport team or franchise?
4. In which phase of the human resource management process does the NCAA Eligibility Centre belong? Why? How do the perspectives of the NCAA and its individual member institutions differ in respect to their focus in this phase of the