Six collaborate classes will be offered this semester, in addition to the weekly content lectures, in order to assist you to be successful in passing the NUR341 major assessment pieces. All collaborate sessions will be recorded and available a few hours after the live class. Please take into account your individual time zone (and daylight savings)and convert as needed.
- This class will be hosted by the CDU School of Health Librarian, Ms Lisa Ban, and will aim to show you how to locate relevant academic sources for the WA. If you are rusty on ‘what’ academically appropriate resources are, and how to find them, this is the session for you!
- This interactive session will be hosted by Amanda Janssen, from the CDU Academic Language and Learning and Success Program (ALLSP). The session will demonstrate how to write your WA with appropriate academic structure, including topic sentences and supporting sentences. Take advantage of the hints and tricks that Amanda will share with you to increase your marks!
- These unstructured sessions are an opportunity for you to ask your unit coordinator questions directly about the major assessment pieces for NUR341, and to learn collaboratively with your peers. Plenty of hints are given in these sessions. All participants are expected to have watched the relevant “unpacking session” prior to participating in these classes. These classes are held after hours to allow more students to participate and interact. External students are very much encouraged to attend.
- These sessions explain how to approach the major assessment peices and further explanations and examples of expectations. Essential viewing for both internal and external students. In order to apply for an extension for the WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT and/or CASE STUDY you will need to provide proof of your engagement with the unpacking lectures – further information is provided within the unpacking.
- Your computer will need to have Java and the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher downloaded and installed. It’s a good idea to download these programs and confirm tech stuff 24 hours prior to the scheduled session.
- For instructions on getting started go to: learnline.cdu.edu.au/learnline/onlineclassroom.
- Should you have any problems with any tech aspects, phone the lovely people at the 24 hour LearnLine.