Quantifying Objectives for Assessing Software Quality
Discuss about the Microcompurers in Safety Technique for Assurance.
When we are doing testing in software’s we ask ourselves so many questions and to as why the item need to be tested. Presently it have become hard to accept the standards being applied as they give less confidence to most user needs and they sometime become only meaningful to the suppliers (Kuhl, 2017). The paper researched here below consists of issues that are related with the software testing and much more the execution of how this codes in a given system may attempt in finding errors. The main objective in using this paper in analyzing the software quality and testing which is knowing the way objectives are quantified or assessed in the manner that the quality of such software is under test, and in this scenario both the supplier and the client will need to come to an agreement (Chikofsky, 2011). Most reliance is based on the dynamic testing which may vary in most significant ways and that from sector to sectors where dynamic testing has been widely used in many industries as it is greatly helpful especially from the advent of the computers that were first created.
The paper has concentrated much more on the testing of components because most of the incisive testing methods as they are better understood. This testing methods plays very major role in different phases of the life-cycle (Fruchterman, 2014). The central testing idea of this paper is to offer an effort that is sufficient in putting to the testing process giving a lot of confidence whwrw the software gains a lot but not guaranteeing the correctness. Software confidence is entirely dependent on the new tests are done and without faults being found. There are so many formal standard that are used in testing that are approved by the official that are specialized in standards making bodies. Some of this standards includes:
B5 5887 which is a standard BSI that is known for taking the form of a lot of guidance for the testing of the software in terms of the functionalities. MOD 00-55 which is another interim defense standard which is extremely authoritarian on the vibrant testing.
The other testing is the British Proto-standard testing where the software is tested using the a group of specialist that must have been developed for about three years giving a lot of high demands and a lot quantitative standards that are used for component software testing.
The standard name is Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) which is a testing standard. IEEE of two standards that is the ANSI/IEEE of 1983 and that of 1987 where they test the quality management and assurance (ANSI/IEEE, 2011).
The institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) hold its copyright for the standards. According to the general policies rules the following must adhered to as indicated in the policy.
- IEEE shall always serve and protect all the interests of its authors and much more its employees.
- All the technical, educational and the professional publications of institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) only with the exception of the newsletters, however we include the society and its technical council newsletters are always required and needed by to be always copyrighted by the IEEE (Holscher, 1986).
- Copyright shall be held by the IEE and not any of its units(IEEE, 2018).
Scope of ANSI/IEEE always set requirements for the descriptions of the architecture which are always defined as to the doc produced in describing the system’s architecture. In this the sense of ANSI/IEEE is very much similar to standards that are used for blueprints. The scope has helped in defining the equivalence of the symbology and much more the conventions in drawings, but not entirely defining the range in full of the drawings as needed for the adequate description for any particular system. Some of the important elements of ANSI/IEEE may discussed as follows.
Relying on Dynamic Testing
The scope of normative sets of definitions in where we have terms that include architecture one-on-one, architectural description, stakeholder architectural, concern architectural, view architecture and the viewpoint of the architecture.
- The concepts being separated in architecture and its depiction in architecture to help in facilitating the separation of how standards for the architectures description from the standards on how the these systems are supposed to be constructed
- The scope about the conceptual framework and the given perceptions are instigated in the context where many users have knowledge on the description of the architecture.
- Lastly normative sets requirements on the fundamentals of a depiction of the architecture of the system and how they relate among themselves where they may include a view of the conformance for all well-rounded portrayals of the architecture.
The key words are;
- Quality assurance
- Component testing
The understanding of IEEE standards is that it establishes the stipulations and measures that are designed in maximizing on the reliability of materials, the products and much more on the ways and means and use or amenities people must use daily (Alvey, 1985). The standards have addressed a lot of concerns that include and which are not limited to various protocols that help in maximizing the functionality of the product and much more the compatibility on how it facilitates the interoperability and supporting the safety of the customers and the health of the public (IEEE-SA, 2017).
The other understanding of the quality assurance where we put a lot of emphasis on processing of high volumes of input data such as the images that are scanned. The assurance is based on the quality of the output and much more how it is assured to the user/customer or the client who is the owner (IEEE S. , 2013). Lastly is the Software testing which may require some computational management techniques in designing especially in the engineer world? The testing is much used in detecting bugs or errors to make a comprehensive systems that is bug-free (ICCAE, 2010).
The ANSI/IEEE standard for 829:1983 which is the standard for the software’s in test documentation. In this standard it is roughly the completeness of the check list for the specific documentation. This type of understands has very little relevance in this learning as it will only handle on the document part rather than concept or the nature of testing themselves. The ANSI/IEEE standard of 1008; 1987 which is the standard for unit testing in software’s where the approach is based with a scope of that is an approach in software unit testing. The question is majored on the twisting of a unit that has formed its conformity to the standards that are not really addressed. The standard is seen to be considerate to be much of a guideline rather than being an accurate standard.
They are very fundamental for building the blocks for the development of products where there is establishment of protocols that are consistent and can be universally understood and adopted easily. The other relevance is its compatibility and the interoperability that simplifies the development of the product and speeding up the time for marketing. Through the use and applications of standards that this requirements of this interconnected applications and how they interoperate we can get assurance (BeyondStandard, 2011).
There are many measures that might be useful in approaching to software quality where a testing standard will need to be done and the following must be followed (Li, 2013).
- The testing to be objective in the manner that the nature that it is subjective to testing informally which is undertaken by many suppliers. There are a lot of repeatable tests that need to be done but which should be clearly defined with the results being clear underlying on the testing process.
- The testing should be practical based to all suppliers in the manner that it is easy in specifying the level of the test especially that are uneconomical. The simplicity and the measuring of the statement need to know what to do, the reason to as how, when and much why the SCLC may be needed.
- The other considerations is that testing must be enough for all the users as any pompous system should offer provision guaranteeing that there are enough and with minimal level of the testing to ensuring a tangible evidence of the quality of the software.
- The testing should be matching with the risks anticipated in where there is a range of software’s that is wide and in case of any approaches in testing will be addressed only on the most critical software’s which always have very slight impact on many software developers.
- The testing should have simplicity when conceptualizing offering same effective testing using the required resources.
Alvey. (1985). Glossary of terms (Deliverable A16. lvey Test Specification and Quality Management Project SE, 147-354.
ANSI/IEEE. (2011). ANSI/IEEE 829-1983 - IEEE Standard for Software Test Documentation. ANSI/IEEE Std 1008-1987 - IEEE Standard for Software Unit Testing.
BeyondStandard. (2011). IEEE standards association. What are Standards? Why are They Important?
Chikofsky. (2011). Software-reliability models. assumptions, limitations, and applicability IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 1411-1423.
Fruchterman. (2014, january 14). Checkpointing and rollback-recovery for distributed systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 13(1).
Holscher. (1986). Microcompurers in Safety Technique,. Bayern: UV Study Group on .
ICCAE. (2010). Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), 2010 The 2nd International Conference on. Singapore: IEEE. doi:10.1109/ICCAE.2010.5451817
IEEE. (2018). IEEE. Retrieved from IEEE Copyright Policy: https://www.ieee.org/publications/rights/copyright-policy.html
IEEE, S. (2013, April 29). Automated quality assurance for document understanding systems, 76-82. doi:10.1109/MS.2003.1196325
IEEE-SA. (2017, february 24). IEEE STANDARDS ASSOCIATION. Retrieved from Develop standards What are standards?: https://standards.ieee.org/develop/overview.html
Kuhl, C. (2017). The N-version approach to fault-tolerant software. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 1491-1501.
Li, H. (2013). Distribution and abstract types in Emerald Object-oriented metrics that predict maintainability. Journal of Systems and Software, 23(2), 111-112.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). Software Quality And Testing: Understanding Standards And Approaches. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/microcompurers-in-safety-technique-quality-assurance.
"Software Quality And Testing: Understanding Standards And Approaches." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/microcompurers-in-safety-technique-quality-assurance.
My Assignment Help (2019) Software Quality And Testing: Understanding Standards And Approaches [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/microcompurers-in-safety-technique-quality-assurance
[Accessed 01 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Software Quality And Testing: Understanding Standards And Approaches' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/microcompurers-in-safety-technique-quality-assurance> accessed 01 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Software Quality And Testing: Understanding Standards And Approaches [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 01 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/microcompurers-in-safety-technique-quality-assurance.