Discuss about the Signed, Sealed and Delivered Courier Service.
The given case study is of courier person working for big International courier service Pvt. Ltd. company. During his visits to customers he recognized that there is gap in the market of delivering services for local city. Examining the gap and recognizing the possible business venture. The courier boy opened his own courier company specifically focused for the local market. Initially he had simple function and operation, but later as his business increased he hired two more employees as driver and delivery person to work for him. Initially there were no investments required for warehouse. However, later he recognized the need of warehouse so later on he invested on warehouse and developed a warehouse especially for his business. He later even used sophisticated technology to boost the efficiency of his business and increase the overall operational efficiency of his business.
The task for this assignment is to carry out Feasibility Analysis (Technical feasibility, Economic feasibility, Operational feasibility), Requirements Analysis (Functional specification, Non-functional specification), Project constraints, and Project work breakdown structure. We will delve in the topics one by one and would make an effort to create complete analysis report for the given case study.
Technical Feasibility: The courier business set by the person is to the best knowledge technically feasible. All information regarding, time and schedule and address are being recorded in the system and each possible manner is utilized that technically there is no such problem while providing pick up and delivery services to the customers. However, there is need to hire more manpower to help in growing business and to take responsibility of growing operation within the business. The courier business has mobile access, website for more exposure and scheduling delivery and service requests online. Even the delivery truck is connected through telephony internet access. All things are in place technically and there seems to be no hassles while running the business efficiently as well as effectively. Use of high end technology has been mentioned in the case study and its highly feasible to keep the operations as simple as possible without making it complex. Therefore from the given case study its being projected that the project is highly technically feasible. However, backup operations is missing in the system, and technical faults are bound to happen while running such business. Therefore it is suggested to build in technical system which could handle system break down and snag in technical connections between the warehouse and delivery van. To make the system more feasible there is need to boost the IT infrastructure of the project which at present is missing in the case study as represented from the given case study (Berbeglia, 2017).
Economic Feasibility: From the given case study its been understood that the given courier services opened by the person is economically feasible. However, in order to boost the operation the owner has to build in and make the IT infrastructure robust in nature in order to remain in the competition and block the entry of new competitors in the market. As the Signed, Sealed, Delivered Courier service has customers which pay on monthly basis and even it deals with HNI individuals and corporates it needs to robust the infrastructure in order to meet the growing demands of the market. At present the services run by the owner seems to be economically feasible but in order to gain more profits from the business, there is need to develop system for premium customers, and delightful customers. In order to boost the infrastructure to meet the demands of these sects of customers there would be financial cost involved. However, this would benefit the company in long run. As the website is in place, there needs to be done digital marketing of the services of the company for which more technical persons needs to be hired by the company. Maintaining the business with less manpower would somehow won’t be feasible for the company in the long run, this is because of this reason that cost would be incurred on the company in order to meet the demands of the growing market needs and growing expectations of customers, and moreover the expectations of premium customers as well as delighted customers (Commission, 2017).
Operational Feasibility: As per the operational feasibility there is dilemma in the operations of the company. The company’s operations at present is highly simple as it is at present nascent stage of its business. However, in future the company needs to boost the infrastructure and operations of the company and need to make the operations on real time basis. The market and its demands are growing at very fast pace. In order to meet the trends of the market, the company is required to boost its operations and meet the demands of the customers right on time, at right place and in right amount. As the company’s customers would increase in future due to its good will in the market, it cannot take risks of operational failures to hamper the business of the whole company. To the effect of this, there is need to use and hire more manpower in order to support the growing operations of the company. As mentioned earlier that IT operations of the company needs to be upgraded and this would be costly affair. However, this would help the business to become robust and more fruitful and result oriented in the future (reddit, 2017).
The present case study seems to be the case study of supply chain management. Thus, warehouse operations needs to be optimized also, in order to boost the functions and overall operations of the company.
The company’s business is at present on small scale. As the company has built in website to increase its exposure in the market (Eriksson, 2012). There is requirements of digital marketing team and email marketing team in order to help the business grow in number and increase its influence in the market. No doubt word of mouth helps the business to grow. But, in this technological savvy world, the use of newer technologies needs to be used by the company to boost its operations. There is requirement to use more manpower, and manpower in form of guards and security people to secure the warehouse is required by the company in long run. The use of more delivery trucks would be needed in future and therefore this is the necessary requirement which would also incur cost for the company. In order to meet the demands of the market, use of self service lines and telephone numbers and even customer care representatives would be required by the company in future course of time ( Requirement Analysis and Management Services, 2017).
Special issue resolving team shall be needed by the company which would handle the ussues generated while any of the processes of the company.
- Project Constraints: Man power and team to handle the grievances of the company is found out to be major project constraints for the given case study. Even the IT infrastructure is constraint for the company as it is highly simple which has no back up strategy to deal with failures in the operations. In order to boost the business there is requirement of team right from customer care representatives to issue handling and resolving team. There is also requirement of supply chain management in the whole of the project which is at present constraint for the project.
- Project Work Breakdown Structure:
Following are the requirement for the given project.
- Customer care representatives and requirements of customer care numbers.
- Increasing awareness of services of the company.
- Website optimization is required in order to increase the exposure and influence of the company in the market.
- There is requirement of warehouse handling team which would help in optimizing the operations of the warehouse
- Increase in number of delivery vans and drivers to handle the growing customer demands and tap the demands of the market.
- Requirement of setting up digital marketing team in the company and respective managers for handling the operations at larger scale.
- There would be necessary to have supply chain managers and leaders which would help in optimizing the overall operations of the company and boost the business despite of growing competition in the market.
- Berbeglia, G. (2017). [online] Available at: https://www.cirrelt.ca/DocumentsTravail/CIRRELT-2010-15.pdf [Accessed 28 May 2017].
- Commission, E. (2017). [online] Available at: https://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2007/february/tradoc_133345.pdf [Accessed 28 May 2017].
- (2017).Courier service feasibility • r/Entrepreneur. [online] Available at: https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/2ls63b/courier_service_feasibility/ [Accessed 28 May 2017].
- Requirement Analysis and Management Services. (2017). Accessed from: https://www.sysvine.com/services/discipline/requirement-analysis-and-management-services/. Accessed on: 31.05.2017
- Eriksson, U. (2012). Functional requirements vs Non Functional requirements. Accessed from: https://reqtest.com/requirements-blog/functional-vs-non-functional-requirements/. Accessed on: 31.05.2017
- Eriksson, U. (2011). What are non functional requirements? Accessed from: https://reqtest.com/requirements-blog/what-are-non-functional-requirements/. Accessed on: 31.05.2017
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2018). Feasibility And Requirements Analysis For Signed, Sealed And Delivered Courier Service. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/signed-sealed-delivered-courier-service.
"Feasibility And Requirements Analysis For Signed, Sealed And Delivered Courier Service." My Assignment Help, 2018, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/signed-sealed-delivered-courier-service.
My Assignment Help (2018) Feasibility And Requirements Analysis For Signed, Sealed And Delivered Courier Service [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/signed-sealed-delivered-courier-service
[Accessed 03 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Feasibility And Requirements Analysis For Signed, Sealed And Delivered Courier Service' (My Assignment Help, 2018) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/signed-sealed-delivered-courier-service> accessed 03 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Feasibility And Requirements Analysis For Signed, Sealed And Delivered Courier Service [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2018 [cited 03 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/signed-sealed-delivered-courier-service.