1. apply and evaluate techniques for the strategic analysis of the organisation’s competitive environment as the context for effective IT systems strategy development in higher education (universities).
2. critically appraise the role of IT systems strategies in contributing to sustainable competitive advantage in higher education (universities)
3. University Top Management Team have recently stated that Competitive Intelligence, critical thinking and Competitive Advantage has become a vital IT Strategy for university establishment’s success. Prepare a report that critically analyses the contribution of competitive intelligence, critical thinking and competitive advantageto an information technology strategy for the success in the university in this century
4. Examine and critically analyse the relevance of Information Technology to the university. Argue for and against strategic delivery and achievements in the services that you have researched on this establishment that are using technology to achieve excellence. Illustrate your answer using the frameworks of Porter, SWOT, Johnson & Scholes and other relevant models with examples relating to the university establishment as discussed in module material
5. Prepare a report of approximately informing university Top Management Team of the importance of these (1 and 2 above). This should carry a critical analysis of the issues involved and frameworks used. Excellent reports will give a succinct overview introduction, critical content in the main body and a well-rounded conclusion & recommendations capturing main points in both part 1 and 2 of the reports. Please note that both reports are related and therefore allows for an in-depth discussion to ensue.
6. The referencing should conform to the ‘House style –Harvard’ which can be seen in ‘Quote, Unquote’ handbook to avoid losing marks in both ‘in the text citation and bibliography (including appendices, grammar, spellings)