1. Is this assessment mainly about the transition from a transactional HRM model to a strategic/transformational HRM model?
2. If the above is true, does it mean we cannot add another issue or issues?
3.Does the teaching team have any preference in the terms of the above noted two approaches?
4.If I take Approach 1, does it mean I can write a general assignment on the transition from a transactional to a strategic HRM approach/model, without referring back to the assignment?
5.I am still not sure what I need to do in the analysis part.
6. With reference to Q5, points (sub-headings) 3 and 4 sound like recommendations. How do I make sure there is not much overlap between the two sections?
7.Can I use references from the 1990s?
8.Can I use dot points for recommendations?
Legal Risks faced by Central Columbia Hospital
The foremost determination of the paper is to focus on two issues faced by Central Columbia Hospital which demands the transition from HRM to SHRM. The two issues which will be discussed in this paper are compliance risks face by the organization and the legal risks faced by the organization as well as the negative perceptions of HRM and reactive HRM as these are one of the two important issues for this organization (Beatty, 1990). The analysis unit of the paper considers both the risks associated with the system, it will be presented using a framework and a leadership competent model.
The legal risks of this organization are regarding the following of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act which is a big issue of this organization. The emergency service provided by this organization is a serious challenge regarding the following of the insurance schemes (Zellers, McLaughlin & Frick, 1992). This organization has to maintain protocols and certain insurance packages for the consumers, as it will help them to increase patient satisfaction which is about 78%. The insurance packages provided to each of the critical patients must be taken under serious considerations by this business organization so that they can get the desired growth they are looking for (Esser & van Donk, 1991). The following diagram can be very much useful to minimize the legal issues faced by the organization.
This model can help in the evaluation procedure of the challenges faced by this organization and the performance of stakeholders of this organization. The reason behind the risks has to be identified in the first place, along with that the parameters associated with the risks has to be monitored as well. These steps are followed by the evaluation procedures.
There are numerous compliances risks associated with this nosiness organization such as the risks involving the management of the two different types of stakeholders of the organizations in search of the internal and the external stakeholder. The internal stakeholders of this organization are service providers of this organization and the external stakeholders of this organization are the sales and marketing team of the organization (Links, 1990). The compliance risks of this organizations are the other reason behind the need for the strategic management of this organization as it has to maintain the standards such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Uniform Services empowerment (Schmaus, 1991). The regional departments of the healthcare organizations have numerous medicare issues, at the same time, there are other numerous issues faced by this business organization such maintaining protocols in the healthcare premises, orientation of the documentation and the educational requirements. The leadership framework and the competency models can be very much useful for the implementation of the SHRM.
Compliance Risks for Central Columbia Hospital
The compliance issues faced by this business organization can be successfully implemented using this leadership model (Coleman, 1992). The achievement of the students, a continuous learning process for the students of this healthcare organization, decision-making ability of the organization can be also improved using this framework.
This process can lead to numerous issues for the organization such as the implementation can lead up to issues such as the resistance of change and measuring the effectiveness of HRM. The transition phase from the HRM to SHRM may also have a negative impact on the organization as well from the point of view of the management team of the organization (Wright & McMahan, 1992). The decision making capability of the business organization can also be improved significantly using SHRM, at the same time the responsibilities of the stakeholders can also improve after the implementation of the SHRM.
As stated by Wilhelm (1990), strategic human resource management can be very much beneficial for different categories of business organizations. The researcher of the paper focussed on the recruitment of the employees, professional training schedules for the employees as new technologies and new innovative business models are increasingly been used in most of the business organization so that the profitability of the organizations is increased. The importance of the organizational leaders and effective leadership skills such as their decision making capability is presented in the paper is such a way that it is very much helpful for the readers to understand all the possibilities regarding the transition from the HRM to SHRM. The main strength of this paper is that, it focuses on both the advantages and the complexities for the implementation of SHRM in a business organization, whereas the main limitation of the paper is that it fails to highlight the difficulties faced by the organizations in terms of the workplaces conflicts and involvement of new stakeholders every now and then.
The recommendations for this business organization are as follows:
- Application of the latest Health Information System(HIS), as it will be very much useful to manage the healthcare data as well as the regulations which are stated by the central governing bodies (Hasford, 1992). The operational management of this organization as well as its healthcare policy decisions can be also managed using the HIS. The responsibility of the HIS is to improve the existing business processes which are followed in this organization. The incorporation of the health information system requires professional IT governance plan and dedicated IT experts. This recommendation can have both positive as well as negative impact on the business organizations. The optimization of the business process is the positive impact and the investments required from the management team is the main challenges associated with the installation of this IS.
- The compliance issues faced by this business organization can be solved effectively using the Strategic Human Resource Management System(SHRM) as it can be very much important for the business organizations to deal with all the discussed issues (Krulis-Randa, 1990). The existing HRM practices should be studied in the first place before the installation of the SHRM. There are lots of advantages and disadvantages due to the installation of SHRM such as the maintenance of the stakeholders and costs associated with the maintaining dedicated IT experts.
- Human Resource Information system can play a huge role in this healthcare organization. The incorporation of the HRIS in the working environment of Central Columbia Hospital will not only help the organization in terms of auditing and testing protocols but also All the administrative functions of the organization can be controlled and managed using the HRIS. Dedicated professionals are required to be hired by the main stakeholders of the organization. The strategies associated with the stakeholders of the organization such as the remuneration of the employees, investment costs associated with the technologies and the human resource required for the new technologies, dealing with the service providers of the organization can be easier using the strategies which can be obtained from this Information System. All the subsidiary organization of this healthcare industry can be also managed using the HRIS. The financial resource of the organization can be utilized in a planned manner with the use of this Information System. The activities of the HRM can be also improved with the help of HRIS.
The installation process of the discussed Information systems can be done in two phases:
First Phase: The first phase can consider any single business unit of the organization such as the finance department. Based on the evaluation report of the first phase the second phase will start.
Second Phase: The second phase can considers all the business units of the organization starting from the highest to the lowest level. The role of the project managers and the managerial capabilities such as decision making can be very much beneficial for the implementation procedure of the Information System.
Leadership Frameworks for Implementation of SHRM
The paper concludes the analysis of the two most important aspects of the case study. The compliance and the legal risks faced by this organization and the transition from the HRM to SHRM are the two identified aspects of this case study. HRM and SHRM concepts were used in the analysis of these two aspects of the case study using frameworks such as model development framework for the legal risks for the organization like the privacy of the insurance packages and the KIPP leadership competency model which were used understand the implementation HRMS. The transition from the HRM to the SHRM involves numerous complexities which were described in the paper as well such as the issue of resistance to change. The paper also identifies the recommendations for the two identified risks in this organization. The legal issues faced by this organization such as maintaining the healthcare data can be minimized using the Health Information System, whereas the compliance issue faced by this situation can be mitigated using the SHRM. Thus, it can be said that the two important aspects of this organization which was analysed in this report can be very much useful for this organization to deal with their existing complexities.
Beatty, R. W. (1990). Organizational capability: Competing from the inside out, by David Ulrich and Dale Lake. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1990. Human Resource Management, 29(2), 219-222.
Coleman, J. L. (1992). Risks and wrongs. CUP Archive.
Esser, A., & van Donk, D. P. (1991). Human resources and strategy: the relation between middle management and strategy formation. Die Unternehmung, 255-270.
Finkelstein, A., Kramer, J., Nuseibeh, B., Finkelstein, L., & Goedicke, M. (1992). Viewpoints: A framework for integrating multiple perspectives in system development. International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, 2(01), 31-57.
Hasford, J. (1992). Compliance and the benefit/risk relationship of antihypertensive treatment. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology, 20, S30-4.
Krulis-Randa, J. S. (1990). Strategic human resource management (SHRM) in Europe after 1992. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 1(2), 131-140.
Links, S. H. (1990). 18 The Field Of Human Resources Management. Human resource management: perspectives and issues, 17.
Schmaus, D. (1991). Computer security and data confidentiality. AORN journal, 54(4), 885-886.
Strickland, J. (1992). English Leadership Quarterly, 1992. English Leadership Quarterly, 14, n1-4.
Wilhelm, W. R. (1990). Revitalizing the human resource management function in a mature, large corporation. Human Resource Management, 29(2), 129-144.
Wright, P. M., & McMahan, G. C. (1992). Theoretical perspectives for strategic human resource management. Journal of management, 18(2), 295-320.
Zellers, W. K., McLaughlin, C. G., & Frick, K. D. (1992). Small-business health insurance: only the healthy need apply. Health Affairs, 11(1), 174-180.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2020). Transition From HRM To SHRM: Analyzing Compliance And Legal Risks | Central Columbia Hospital Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mgb214-security-threat-and-risk-assessment-report-for-foremost-determination.
"Transition From HRM To SHRM: Analyzing Compliance And Legal Risks | Central Columbia Hospital Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2020, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mgb214-security-threat-and-risk-assessment-report-for-foremost-determination.
My Assignment Help (2020) Transition From HRM To SHRM: Analyzing Compliance And Legal Risks | Central Columbia Hospital Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mgb214-security-threat-and-risk-assessment-report-for-foremost-determination
[Accessed 24 February 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Transition From HRM To SHRM: Analyzing Compliance And Legal Risks | Central Columbia Hospital Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2020) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mgb214-security-threat-and-risk-assessment-report-for-foremost-determination> accessed 24 February 2024.
My Assignment Help. Transition From HRM To SHRM: Analyzing Compliance And Legal Risks | Central Columbia Hospital Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2020 [cited 24 February 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mgb214-security-threat-and-risk-assessment-report-for-foremost-determination.