Develop a Customer Service strategy.
In order to ensure that the different employees as present in an organization are able to perform considerably well, it is important to see to it that they are rewarded regularly as an incentive scheme. The different internal reward schemes which can be rightfully offered to the different employees are as follows:
- Thanking the employee regularly: The different employees must be thanked regularly so as to ensure that they feel valued and motivated.
- Tickets to local shows: The employees need to be given tickets and other facilities for various shows.
- Recognizing work anniversaries: Their work anniversaries need to be recognized adequately (Shaw, 2016).
- Computer upgrade and software: Their computer software is required to be upgraded regularly.
- Mentorship: They can be provided with several mentorships programs to ensure successful tenure.
- Providing them with autonomy: They need to be provided with adequate work autonomy in order to ensure success.
- Providing the employees with a flexible work schedule/: The employees need to be provided with a flexible work schedule which will ensure that they will perform considerably well.
The formal rewards and recognitions are as follows:
- Providing incentives: The different employees need to be provided with adequate incentives to ensure that they are able to perform well (Aryee et al., 2015).
- Promotions: They should also be given promotions so that they believe in working hard.
- Certificate of Honor: They can also be provided with a certificate as a proof of their good work.
Customer service training program can be taken to be a crucial part of the organization and in order to ensure long term success it can be considered that the following customer training ways can be used by the Gym.
- Seminars: In this system, the industry expert will provide relevant advice to the different employees in regard to the manner in which the different customers are essentially required to be treated by the firm at large. In addition to this, this shall be delivered in an in the class method (Daugherty, Bolumole & Grawe, 2018).
- Multi day training: The multi day course trainings teach the student about a whole module at once and by the end of the training they will be successfully able to ensure considerable success and management.
- Workshops: The employees also can be sent on various workshops for a day or so who in return of a certain fees, provided necessary skills to handle the customers.
Understanding whether the employees are performing well or the different customers are happy is essential and hence, for this reason, appropriate measures of feedback need to be obtained. The different methods of obtaining feedback can be given to be as follows:
- Using a live chat support: The live chat support system can be rightfully used by the different departments of the gum to understand the manner in which the different customers are being successfully delivered or served.
- Measuring customer service performance: The customer service performance can also be measured exclusively by making use of several Key performance indicator and the number of memberships.
- Calling the customers regularly: The different customers need to be called regularly in order to understand the different aspects of business and the shortcomings (Aryee et al., 2017).
- Monitoring social media channels: The social media channels also need to be monitored regularly so as to see the opinion of the customer.
- Feedback forms: Lastly, the feedback forms must be given to the employees and customers alike to get an insight of their perspectives
Hello, I am ….and I have called on behalf of the gym. We are conducting a survey and I will be asking you certain questions (Kumar & Reinartz, 2018). The information which you will provide will remain confidential and your phone number has been chosen as you are a regular customer with us. Hence, with respect to this, your data will be analyzed.
- How do you like the service at the gym?
- What would you like to change?
- Which days provide the best service?
- Which trainer do you like the best?
Customer retention is considered to be an integrate part of the organization and for this purpose it becomes considerably important for the business to ensure that they engage in effective implementation of various methods which will allow the business to retain its customers.
Methods to keep the customers loyal
In order to ensure that the different customers as present in the organization are kept loyal, it becomes very important for the gym to ensure that they are able to reward the customers regularly so that they feel valued. Moreover, the customers should also be sent out considerable thank you notes which would make them feel important and this is an integral part of the entire procedure (Goetsch & Davis, 2014). In addition to this, the different members of the firm also need to return the phone calls of the different customers on time so that they are not kept waiting. These are the ways in which the different customers as present in the firm feel valued and are made to believe that the firm wants to establish a long term relationship with them.
The use of a CRM System for the company and its use
The CRM software is the new method of ensuring that the customers are dealt with soundly and all the data is adequately kept at a single place. Hence, it is for this reason, that even the Gym needs to engage in a customer relationship software which would allow them to ensure successfully see to it that all the customer information is kept at one place. The customer relationship management which may be chosen by the company is User Engage (Boateng, 2016). The User Engage software allows a customer to ensure that it is able to market appropriately and in addition to this, the business is also able to ensure that it is able to keep a separate profile of all the customers and dealers alike which would then allow the business to perform considerably well. The software comes with its own leaderboards and other data which would help the gym in managing their pipelines as well as sales in a simple manner. Moreover, the User engage software also allows the business to see to it that they are able to make it as per their business.
Customer Service Training Program
A customer service recovery program for complaints
Very often, a business may engage in a problem which then exposes them to a fault and the customer might not have been delivered well. Hence, with respect to this, the Gym can ensure that when the customer calls for a complaint, it follows the given services in order to ensure a successful retention strategy:
- Apologize: At first it is important for the business to apologize to the customer and make them feel valued and ensure that it is able to gain the attention of the business at large.
- Review: Secondly, the business is also required to review the mistakes and see to it that they come to know about the root cause of the business.
- Fix: The third step is to fix the problem which will ensure considerable success in the long run (Gaumer & Shaffer, 2018).
- Document: Fourthly, the business is also required to ensure that it is successful able to record the particular business mistake so that they do not repeat it.
In the future, the different technological advancements which take place at work may have the power to impact the customer service program (Beckers, Risselada & Verhoef, 2014). The Gym is just in its starting phase and it is for this reason that it is carrying out most of its operations manually, however, once it reaches a considerable growth rate, it aims to ensure that in the future it is successfully able to implement Artificial Intelligence in the system which will thereby ensure that the business is able to manage the different needs of the customer, without engaging in any mistakes. Furthermore, it will also allow the business to ensure that it is able to manage all its operations under one head (Groh, 2016). Hence, the gym believes that once it is able to implement artificial intelligence in the various businesses, with respect to technological advancements it will be successfully able to improve its customer service.
In order to encourage the different employees to perform well and to motivate them to function in a better manner, it is crucial for the business to ensure that it is successfully able to engage in an internal motto which would then allow them to motivate themselves and lift up the motto. The customer is taken to be the main reason why a business functions and it is for this reason that the business is required to ensure that they build a motto which will lift the spirits of the customer at large (Neslin, 2014). Hence, for the Gym, the motto, which has been chosen is –`Service before self`. Using this motto, the business will want to guide its employee that it is successfully able to keep its service to the customers before their self which would ensure successful operations.
In any business, the ethics have a key role to play in order to ensure that the different employees in a business are able to perform well they are to be given a key code of ethics which would help them in their performance. The different ethics which a business will be required to flow has been given as follows:
- Integrity: The employees must always work with integrity which would allow them to function well and see to it that they are successfully able to complete their operations with good intentions.
- Objectivity: Behind, every action, there must be an objectivity which acts as a guiding force (Anderson, Evans & Gilliland, 2018).
- Professional Competence and Due Care: The different business members need to always act in professional competence.
- Confidentiality: They must maintain the confidentiality of the different customer and their data.
- Professional Behavior: The must not get into personal relationships with any of the clients.
Anderson, J. S., Evans, J. M., & Gilliland, S. (2018, July). Customer Identification as a Moderator of Service Worker Reactions to Unfair Customer Treatment. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2018, No. 1, p. 18374). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
Aryee, S., Mondejar, R., Chu, C., & Hsiung, H. H. (2017). Customer Service Performance: An Application of the Job Demands-Resources Model. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2017, No. 1, p. 11010). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
Aryee, S., Seidu, E. Y., Sacramento, C. A., & Martinaityte, I. (2015). Proactive customer service performance: Test of a team-level model. In Academy of Management Proceedings(Vol. 2015, No. 1, p. 11002). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
Beckers, S. F., Risselada, H., & Verhoef, P. C. (2014). Customer engagement: A new frontier in customer value management. Handbook of service marketing research, 2(6), 97-120.
Boateng, H. (2016). Customer knowledge management practices on a social media platform: A case study of MTN Ghana and Vodafone Ghana. Information Development, 32(3), 440-451.
Daugherty, P. J., Bolumole, Y., & Grawe, S. J. (2018). The new age of customer impatience: An agenda for reawakening logistics customer service research. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
Gaumer, C. J., & Shaffer, K. J. (2018). Family business succession: impact on supplier relations and customer management. Human Resource Management International Digest, 26(6), 1-4.
Goetsch, D. L., & Davis, S. B. (2014). Quality management for organizational excellence. Upper Saddle River, NJ: pearson.
Groh, M. (2016). Critical Analysis of'Profitable Customer Management: Reducing Costs by Influencing Customer Behaviour'(Persson, 2013).
Kumar, V., & Reinartz, W. (2018). Customer relationship management: Concept, strategy, and tools. Springer.
Neslin, S. A. (2014). Customer Relationship Management (CRM). In The History of Marketing Science (pp. 289-317).
Shaw, S. (2016). Airline marketing and management. Routledge.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2021). Developing A Customer Service Strategy Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mktg2203-selling-and-customer-experience/the-customer-service-management.html.
"Developing A Customer Service Strategy Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2021, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mktg2203-selling-and-customer-experience/the-customer-service-management.html.
My Assignment Help (2021) Developing A Customer Service Strategy Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mktg2203-selling-and-customer-experience/the-customer-service-management.html
[Accessed 05 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Developing A Customer Service Strategy Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2021) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mktg2203-selling-and-customer-experience/the-customer-service-management.html> accessed 05 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Developing A Customer Service Strategy Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2021 [cited 05 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/mktg2203-selling-and-customer-experience/the-customer-service-management.html.