- Analyse and present data graphically usingspreadsheet software (Excel).
- Critically evaluate summary statistics against suitable benchmarks.
- Apply judgement to select appropriate methods of data analysis drawing on knowledge of regression analysis, probability, probability distributions and sampling distributions.
- Select and apply a range of data analysis tools to inform problem solving and decision making.
- Conduct quantitative research both individually and as part of a team and articulate and present findings to a wide range of stakeholders, from accounting and nonaccounting backgrounds
1.Analysis of sales and country data, forecasting of sales figures until 2020
- Provide a statistical overview of the data provided in the excel sheets for each country (you can also do a comparison analysis)
- Conduct a correlation analysis between sales development and:
(ii) number of stores and
(iii) the survey results
- Conduct a multi regression time series analysis and use the results to forecast the sales until 2020.
You should use natural logs (ln) for your analysis as discussed in your assignment of Module 5.
For your reasonable assumptions which are required for the forecasting, you should apply hypothesis testing techniques for the GDP, Prices and Population developments.
If you forecast a GDP growth of 3.5%, knowing the past GDP growth figures, is the forecast of 3.5% an acceptable growth figure for the forecast or should that Null hypothesis be rejected?
2.Market place Sweden – Estimate of potential sales figures in 2016 and forecast to 2020
- Based on your analysis in part 1, which country (Industria, Federated Islands, Nokaragua) is closest related to Sweden? Justify your selection.
Look at average GDP per capita statistics (GDP divided by Population) and Price Index.
- Once you have identified the country that is closet related to Sweden, use that country’s characteristics of the analysis undertaken in the first part to estimate/forecast the potential sales for the Swedish market.
Based on your analysis in parts 1 and 2, are there any other suggestions you have for the Board on how Schmeckt Gut can boost sales in the countries?