Rakon is a global high technology company which was founded in 1967 by Warren Robinson. Rakon designs and manufactures advanced frequency control and timing solutions. The company has four manufacturing plants, including two joint ventures plants, located in New Zealand, France, India and China and five research and development (R&D) centres. Customer support centres are located in ten offices worldwide. The company's focus is on enabling next generation technologies in the telecommunications, global positioning and space & defence markets.
Rakon designs and manufactures advanced frequency control and timing solutions for telecommunications, global positioning and space and defence applications. Rakon products are found at the forefront of communications where speed and/or reliability are paramount. The company's products provide extremely accurate clocking signals, which are then used to generate precise electrical, radio or optical signals in networks and systems around the globe. Additionally Rakon offers a broad product portfolio to meet its customers timing and frequency control requirements. Whether it be within wired, wireless and fibre telecommunications networks, navigation devices, or satellites in space.
Since listing, Rakon has achieved a number of key merger and acquisition milestones:
- In 2007 Rakon acquired the frequency control products division of Britain's C-MAC MicroTechnology.
- In 2008 Rakon entered into a joint venture relationship with Indian owned and based Centum Electronics, together establishing Centum Rakon India.
- In 2008 Rakon entered into a joint venture agreement with China based Timemaker Crystal Technology.
- In 2010 Rakon acquired the assets of French based competitor Temex.
- In 2013 Rakon sold its majority stake in Rakon Crystal Chengdu (RCC) to ECEC, as a result of a strategic exit from smart wireless device (SWD) business.
- In December 2015 Rakon announced its investment in Thinxtra, an Internet of Things (IoT) company. Thinxtra became the exclusive Sigfox network operator for Australia and New Zealand and began deploying the network in Australasia in the second quarter of 2016 and announced its expansion into Hong Kong in December 2016.
- In December 2016, Rakon announced that Taiwanese company Siward Crystal Technology Company Limited would invest in Rakon, taking a 16.6 percent share in the company. The investment completed on 15 February 2017.
Assume that you are an expert Human Resource Management consultant brought in by the Rakon board of directors to advise on their Labour relations policy. Carefully investigate the information above and conduct a thorough research from the company website to identify the labour relations policy for this organisation. And prepare a formal report for the board of directors outlining their take for manging relationship with various stakeholders involved.